What is an Industrial Engineer?
Industrial Engineers work to design and evaluate the processes that go into manufacturing a product with the goal of streamlining production processes and eliminating wastefulness.
Where does an Industrial Engineer work?
- Transportation manufacturing companies
- Computer manufacturing companies
- Technical service companies
How much does an Industrial Engineer make?
Based on real new grad salaries reported through Handshake, the median annual salary for an Industrial Engineer is $67,000.
What majors are typically interested in becoming Industrial Engineers?
One’s major doesn’t necessarily determine their career, but these are some common majors of those who end up pursuing this career path.
- Industrial engineering majors
- Mechanical engineering majors
- Electrical engineering majors
Industrial Engineer skills and competencies:
On top of a relevant degree and formal training, here are some professional skills that can help aspiring Industrial Engineers succeed in their work:
- Strong background in mathematics
- Great listening and speaking skills
What are some common questions about Industrial Engineers?
Q: What’s it like to be an Industrial Engineering intern?
A: Check out student responses and real intern experiences here.