In summer 2020, Handshake surveyed over 1,000 students on how they have responded to the shift to virtual during COVID-19.
The survey explored three key themes:
- How has COVID-19 impacted the mental health and wellbeing of students?
- How are students navigating virtual recruiting?
- How have students adapted to the challenges of remote work?
The breakdown of the survey respondents is as follows:
- Institution type: 55% public college/university, 24% private college/university, 21% community college
- School year: 32% first year, 28% second year, 20% third year, 20% fourth year
- Age group: 79% age 17-21, 21% age 22-24
- Gender: 45% male, 53% female, 2% other or prefer not to answer
See our survey results in the “Student Shift to Virtual During COVID-19” Infographic
Interested in more insights on the impacts of COVID-19 on higher ed from the perspective of career services leaders? Read the Handshake Career Services Report: COVID-19 & Fall 2020.