In June, we welcomed 71 schools and 1.3M students to Handshake! This included 12 of the Top Public Schools, 9 of the Top Regional Schools, and 7 of the Top Liberal Arts Schools. The diversity and breadth of these schools is meaningful, as Handshake’s mission is to help all college students connect with great jobs and build meaningful careers - no matter where they live, what school they attend, or who they (or their parents) know.
To ensure a successful launch, each Career Center worked hand in hand with their Handshake Account Manager and the Handshake Customer Support team. They attended topical webinars to learn how to make the most of the platform, learned from their peers in the Handshake Community, and accessed valuable resources in the Handshake Help Center.
Lastly, here are some fun facts from our newest university partners:
- Florida State University does over 19,000 drop-in appointments per year, averaging almost 200 per day!
- Brown University doesn’t mandate core requirements as part of their undergraduate curriculum - and instead allows students to craft their own course of study.
- UNC Chapel Hill was the first public state university in the United States - and the only one to award degrees during the 18th century.
- Arizona State University has 493 classrooms across its four campuses, with upwards of 75,000 students enrolled. ASU directly employs 20,000+ Arizonans and distributes nearly $1B in annual wages!
- Williams College has less than 3,000 students - but has four libraries, including one dedicated library for rare books.